The Foreign Language Center of National Chengchi University facilitates the foreign language education of students not majoring in foreign languages. It is responsible for the overall planning and creation of the foreign language curriculum for general education at the university. The Center offers courses of more than 20 languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, and Malay. In addition, the Center runs the extension program offering evening non-credit courses to promote foreign language education for the university and surrounding community, as well as summer for-credit foreign language courses for students who wish to intensify their learning.
Current Focus and Vision of the Foreign Language Center
- Development of foreign language courses recognizing the cultural aspects of meaningful communication and humanistic values.
- Development and promotion of online foreign language courses
- Implementation of innovative teaching and integration of multiple modes of assessment.
- Enhancement of foreign language students’ oral and written expression and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Enrichment of teachers' professional knowledge and ability through strengthening the language teacher community by facilitating lectures, workshops, and other activities.