1. Huang, S.-C. (2017a). Developing assessment capabilities in EFL writing students. 2017 Asian Association for Language Assessment Conference. Taipei, Taiwan. June 21-23, 2017.
2. Huang, S.-C. (2017b). Assessment literacy in college learners of EFL writing. ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) 6th International Conference—Learning and Assessment: Making the Connections. Bologna, Italy. May 3-5, 2017.
3. Huang, S.-C. (2017c). Dual-purpose peer assessment and feedback in a Taiwanese college classroom. The 37th Annual Thailand TESOL International Conference: ELT Pathways to Professional Excellence. The Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand. January 19-21, 2017.
4. Huang, S.-C. (2015a). Learner self-assessment and feedback – Opportunities for focused teaching and learning. ALAA/ALANZ/ALTAANZ (Applied Linguistics Association of Australia/Applied Linguistics Association of New Zealand/The Association for Language Testing and Assessment of Australia and New Zealand) 2015 – Learning in a Multilingual World. Research Center for Languages and Cultures at the University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia. November 30-December 2, 2015.
5. Huang, S.-C. (2015b). Formative feedback and critical thinking – A case in NCCU undergraduates’ English essays. The Second National Conference on Foreign Languages Teaching – Mutopia: Languages and the Moving World. National Chengchi University, Taipei. October 17, 2015.
6. Huang, S.-C. (2014a). Assessment for learning as a critical competency. JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching) 2014 Annual Conference. Tsukuba, Japan. November 21-24, 2014.
7. Huang, S.-C. (2014b). Assessment practices in the tertiary EFL classroom setting in Taiwan – How sustainable to learning could it be? The 12th International Asia TEFL and 23rd International MELTA Conferences. Kuching, Malaysia. August 28-30, 2014.
8. Huang, S.-C. (2014c). Teacher-learner dialogues in iterative assessments for learning. The 14th National Conference for Community Languages and ESOL (CLESOL), Wellington, New Zealand. July 10-13, 2014.
9. Huang, S.-C. (2014d). Understanding college EFL learners self-feedback on spoken output. 2014 Christians in English Language Teaching Conference (CELT), Taipei, Taiwan. May 23-25, 2014.
10. Huang, S.-C. (2013). Effectiveness of goal-setting in EFL writing revision. The 6th Annual International Conference on Language and Linguistics, Athens, Greece. July 8-11, 2013.
11. Huang, S.-C. (2012a). Panelist, EFL assessment in Taiwan: Issues and concerns. The Sixth Conference on College English. National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan. October 20, 2012.
12. Huang, S.-C. (2012b). Exploring the effects of an assessment-sensitive instruction on college EFL freshmen’s L2 writing revision. The 29th International Conference on English Teaching and Learning in the R.O.C. Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan. May 19-20, 2012.
13. Huang, S.-C. (2011a). Students with high/low self-determination and their experiences in an EFL learning project. AILA – the 16th World Congress of Applied Linguistics. Beijing, China. August 23-28, 2011.
14. Huang, S.-C. (2011b). Writing instruction contingent on assessment – Toward assessment FOR learning. Symposium on Second Language Writing. Taipei, Taiwan. June 9-11, 2011.
15. Huang, S.-C. (2010a). Creativity in a college EFL learning project. The 36th JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching) Annual Conference. Nagoya, Japan. November 19-22, 2010.
16. Huang, S.-C. (2010b). The evolution of an EFL learning project – Problems and solutions. 2010 International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Language Teaching. Taipei, Taiwan. April 16-18, 2010.
17. Huang, S.-C. (2009a). Foreign language assessment in the classroom: Can the necessary evil be a motivating drive? The 1st Combined Conference of the Applied Linguistics Association of New Zealand and of the Applied Linguistics Association of Australia. Auckland, New Zealand. December 2-4, 2009.
18. Huang, S.-C. (2009b). An investigation of the motivational attributes of a year-long college-level EFL learning project. The 18th International Symposium and Book Fair on English Teaching. Taipei, Taiwan. November 13-15, 2009.
19. Huang, S.-C. (2009c). A comparison of different assessment events on college EFL students’ motivation and self-regulated learning strategies. The 5th International Symposium on Teaching English at Tertiary Level. Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. October 16-17, 2009.
20. Tsai, C.-C., & Huang, S.-C. (2009). Baptism by fire: One novice teacher in Taiwan. The 35th JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching) Annual Conference. Shizuoka, Japan. November 22-25, 2009.
21. Huang, S.-C. (2008). The educational aspect of formative assessments in L2 oral skill – a learner perspective. AILA 2008 – The 15th World Congress of Applied Linguistics. Essen, Germany. August 24-29, 2008.
22. Huang, S.-C. (2007a). Focus on form by foreign language learners. The 33rd JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching) Annual Conference. Tokyo, Japan. November 22-25, 2007.
23. Huang, S.-C. (2007b). Motivating students to read English in the content area. International Conference on English Education. Shih Chien University, Taipei, Taiwan. April 28-29, 2007.
24. Chen, T.-H., & Huang, S.-C. (2007). Effects of compulsory standardized exams on college students’ L2 learning motivation. The 33rd JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching) Annual Conference. Tokyo, Japan. November 22-25, 2007.
25. Pan, Y.-C., & Huang, S.-C. (2007). College entrance exams and L2 learning motivation. The 33rd JALT (Japan Association of Language Teaching) Annual Conference. Tokyo, Japan. November 22-25, 2007.
26. Huang, S.-C. (2006). Effects of form-focused vs. meaning-focused goals on oral task motivation. 2006 Joint AAAL (American Association of Applied Linguistics) & CAAL (Canadian Association of Applied Linguistics) Conference. Montreal, Canada. June 17-20, 2006.
27. Huang, S.-C. (2005a). Relationship between academic motivation level and preference over motivational learning materials. 2005 Joint AAAL (American Association of Applied Linguistics) Conference and AILA World Congress on Applied Linguistics. Madison, Wisconsin, U.S. July 24-29, 2005.
28. Huang, S.-C. (2005b). The academic writing program in National Chiao Tung University. Joint Applied Linguistics Conference between Shanghai Jiao Tong University and National Chiao Tung University. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China. June 12-15, 2005.
29. Huang, S.-C. (2004a). Effects of ARCS Model in an EAP Reading Situation. AAAL (American Association for Applied Linguistics) 2004 Annual Conference. Portland, Oregon, U.S. May 1-4, 2004.
30. Huang, S.-C. (2004b). Factors Influencing EAP Reading Motivation. 2004 International Conference on Applied Language Teaching. Ming Chuan University, Taoyuan, Taiwan. March 5-6, 2004.
31. Huang, S.-C. (2002). Toward a Profile of “Good” English Teachers. The 19th R.O.C. TEFL Conference. Shih Shin University, Taipei, Taiwan. June 8-9, 2002.
32. Huang, S.-C. (2001a). Using EFL as an Instructional Medium in the College Content Courses. The 10th International Symposium and Book Fair on English Teaching. Taipei, Taiwan. November 16-18, 2001.
33. Huang, S.-C. (2001b). Integrating corporate websites into Business English classrooms. The 2001 Biannual Conference of International Association for Language Learning Technology. Rice University, Houston, Texas, U.S. May 22-26, 2001.
34. Huang, S.-C. (2000). Investigating the role of EFL in the college-level subject-matter classroom in the Taiwanese context. International Language Education Conference 2000. Hong Kong University, Hong Kong. December 14-16, 2000.
35. Huang, S.-C., & Chung, J.-M. (1999). An authentic-material-based course design in preparing EFL students for 21st century job markets. 1999 RELC Seminar. Singapore. April 23-25, 1999.
36. Huang, S.-C., & Browne, P. J. (1999). Needs analysis from learners’ perspective at a campus job fair. The 8th International Symposium and Book Fair on English Teaching. Taipei, Taiwan. November 11-13, 1999.